You’re Great Without Grammys Nomination – Femi Kuti Writes
Kuti said this while referring to his father, Fela and Bob Marley who never got nominated or won a Grammy in their time.
Femi Kuti, an Afro-beat legend, has stated that not being nominated for the Grammys award does not mean an artist is not great because music is not about awards.
Kuti said this while referring to his father, Fela and Bob Marley who never got nominated or won Grammys award in their time.
The Afro-beat legend said Music is not about awards but spreading love and giving people will to go through hard times.
On his Twitter page, he wrote: “Music really isn’t about awards though. Fela never won or was never nominated. I don’t think Bob Marley was too.
“Music is about spreading love, giving people the will to go through the hard times in live, etc and inspiration. Music must bring comfort too.”
He, however, clarified that he is not referring to anyone in particular who got nominated for the Grammys, but himself who has been nominated four times for the award.
“This tweet on Grammys was concerning me saying I have four nominations. And all I’m saying is that it’s not the objective.
“Many GREAT musicians have never been nominated doesn’t mean they are not GREAT. I wasn’t referring to anyone but myself, some have chosen to abuse, or drag others. Pity.” He said.
- ●“I need to show off, it’s mine” – Regina Daniels flaunts luxury car and a N24million wrist watch gift, from husband Ned Nwoko
- ●FG Wants A Rapper To Come And Use Rap To Explain The Demands Of Youths In Aso Rock – Who Are You Choosing?
- ●Olamide Is A Not A Supporter Of ENDSARS But For APC – Fan Declares
- ●End SARS: Davido, others react to Desmond Elliot’s attack on influencers, celebrities over hate speech
- ●TrikyTee appointed as Bayelsa Governor’s Senior Special Assistant