Wow!! Moghalu Reveals The Amount Of Bitcoin Traded In Nigeria In Last Five Years
Former Deputy-Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Kingsley Moghalu has revealed that $500 million worth of Bitcoin has been traded in Nigeria within the last five years.
Moghalu disclosed these figures while reacting to the recent CBN policy which directed all banks to close accounts that transact in cryptocurrency.
He made this known during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.
The former Presidential candidate slammed the move of the apex bank.
He expressed that regardless of the risks involved in trading in cryptocurrencies, he would not recommend that it be banned outrightly.
“A lot of the activities in the world are going digital and I would not recommend banning it (cryptocurrencies) outright.
“$500 million worth of Bitcoin has been traded in Nigeria within the last five years and Nigeria is one of the top 10 countries in the use of cryptocurrencies in the world today.”
- ●Herdsmen Attach In Enugu Leaves Scores Of People Dead
- ●Christians Beware! This Is A Wake Up Call #vocalspeaks
- ●Hey! Dear Men Mààkú (Don't Die) #vocalspeaks
- ●See The Shameless Moment Two Women Are Recorded On Camera Fighting Each Other Publicly (Video) Olajidepen
- ●Why Nigerian Refineries Are Always Broken (Video Documentary By Jude Bela)
- ●This Town Has A Shortage Of Men, Lot Of Women Are Looking For Men To Love
- ●Jobs!!! @mbuhari Approval, The 774,000 Special Public Works
- ●Endsars: Lagos Panel Reportedly Indicts Nigerian Army And Police, Says They Shot Live Bullet And Killed Lekki Tollgate Protesters While Singing National Anthem
- ●Fg Agrees To Pay Asuu Salaries Without Ippis
- ●Comedian Oluwa Dollars Involved In A Car Accident In Lekki, Lagos