What You Need To Know About A Tree
A tree typically has many secondary branches supported clear of the ground by the trunk. This trunk typically contains woody tissue for strength, andvascular tissue to carry materials from one part of the tree to another.
For most trees it is surrounded by a layer of barkwhich serves as a protective barrier. Below the ground, the roots branch and spread out widely; they serve to anchor the tree and extract moisture and nutrients from the soil.
Above ground, the branches divide into smaller branches and shoots. The shoots typically bear leaves, which capture light energy and convert it into sugars byphotosynthesis, providing the food for the tree's growth and development.
Trees usually reproduce using seeds. Flowers and fruit may be present, but some trees, such as conifers, instead have pollen cones and seed cones. Palms, bananas, and bamboos also produce seeds, but tree ferns producespores instead.
- ●Strike: FG agrees to pay N30bn to ASUU, N20b to revamp education sector
- ●180 new covid-19 cases, 73 discharged and 0 deaths
- ●Students rages as Abia State University Demands N15,000 “Pandemic Prevention Fee” From Students
- ●Nigerian govt issues fresh guidelines for reopening schools
- ●Nigerian Students Are Going Into Crime Over Strike – Islamic Cleric Tells ASUU