We Will Welcome Goodluck Jonathan If He Defects To Our Party – APC
The All Progressives Congress has said it would welcome former President Goodluck Jonathan if he decides to join the party.
There have been rumors that the former President is in talks with the leaders of APC and may soon defect to the ruling party. Jonathan is yet to confirm or deny these rumors.
National Secretary of the APC, Senator John Akpanudoedehe, while appearing on Channels TV, on Wednesday, September 15, said the party will welcome the former President if he comes to their party.
In response to a question on whether there is any truth in speculations that the party is wooing Jonathan to join and become its Presidential standard-bearer for 2023, he said, “I don’t want to speculate.”
“Everyone is allowed to join the APC, we welcome everyone who wants to join. We are getting stronger in terms of our progressive agenda. I’m hearing that for the first time, if he comes, we will welcome him, that will be great news.
The last National Executive Committee meeting gave a blanket approval to everyone who wants to join the party and anyone who joins the party has the right to aspire for any office.”
- ●Comedian Oluwa Dollars involved in a car accident in Lekki, Lagos
- ●Man shouts out in the wake of getting N1k charge for plate that was utilized in serving him in a lodging
- ●Chaos Among Billionaires As Actress Caroline Danjuma Says She Is Ready For Love Again
- ●Court orders FG to pay N20bn to Sunday Igboho
- ●IPOB declares another sit-at-home in the South East
- ●Twitter ban remains as Nigeria loses N220.36bn
- ●Final year student misses last paper after police officers allegedly stormed his hostel and illegally arrested him
- ●Bernard Arnault beats Jeff Bezos, becomes the richest man in the world
- ●We will welcome Goodluck Jonathan if he defects to our party – APC
- ●Twitter ban: Discussions with the Nigerian government have been respectful and productive - Twitter Spokesperson