Us President, Joe Biden Condemns Iraqi Pm Survives Assasination Attempt
US President, Joe Biden has condemned the attack that targeted Iraq’s Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhemi and said his administration would help Iraqi security forces identify those responsible.
Kadhemi escaped unhurt when an explosives-packed drone struck his Baghdad residence in the heavily guarded Green Zone area of Baghdad early Sunday. The attack marked a substantial escalation in the country’s post-election turmoil.
The prime minister’s office described the attack as a “failed assassination attempt,” while Iraqi President Barham Salih called the strike, which was not immediately claimed by any group, an attempted “coup against the constitutional system.”
On Sunday night, November 7, Biden condemned the attack.
“I strongly condemn the terrorist attack targeting the residence of Iraqi Prime Minister al-Kadhemi,”
“I am relieved the Prime Minister was not injured and commend the leadership he has shown in calling for calm, restraint, and dialogue to protect the institutions of the state and strengthen the democracy Iraqis so richly deserve.”Biden said that “the perpetrators of this terrorist attack on the Iraqi state must be held accountable,” as he condemned “in the strongest terms those using violence to undermine Iraq’s democratic process.”
Biden added that he instructed his national security team “to offer all appropriate assistance to Iraq’s security forces as they investigate this attack and identify those responsible.”
- ●Endsars: Lagos Panel Reportedly Indicts Nigerian Army And Police, Says They Shot Live Bullet And Killed Lekki Tollgate Protesters While Singing National Anthem
- ●Whose Fault Is This The Parents Or The Girl??
- ●Woman Arrested With Live Ammunition In Borno As Police Parade 52 Suspects
- ●Nba Debunks Disparaging Remarks Against Malami Over Justice Odili’s Home Raid
- ●Us President, Joe Biden Condemns Iraqi Pm Survives Assasination Attempt
- ●Sanusi Says Nigeria’s Economy Is About To Collapse
- ●President Joe Biden And Other World Leaders Are Given Microphone 'condoms' At Un Amid Covid Fears (Photos)
- ●Users Frustrated As Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp Crash
- ●Can State Chairmen Disown ‘northern Region Scribe’ Over Muslim-muslim Ticket
- ●Trump Tells The Us To Invade And 'bomb The Hell' Out Of Afghanistan If The Taliban Doesn't Return Billions In Us Weapons And Equipment