US Election: Biden Flips Wisconsin, Trump Wants Recount
Joe Biden has won the crucial state of Wisconsin, flipping a state President Donald Trump narrowly won in 2016 and extending his lead in the race to the White House.
The Associated Press called Wisconsin for Biden after election officials in the state said all outstanding ballots had been counted, save for a few hundred in one township and an expected small number of provisionals.
Trump’s campaign requested a recount, although it may be up to two weeks before one can begin.
Campaign manager Bill Stepien said the president would formally request a Wisconsin recount, citing “irregularities in several Wisconsin counties,” and the campaign filed suit in Michigan to halt counting of ballots because it contended it wasn’t given “meaningful access” to observe the opening of ballots and the counting process.
Statewide recounts in Wisconsin have historically changed the vote tally by only a few hundred votes; Biden leads by 0.624 percentage point out of nearly 3.3 million ballots counted.
He continues to fight President Trump in other battleground states that could prove crucial in determining who wins the White House.
- ●US President, Joe Biden condemns Iraqi PM survives assasination attempt
- ●Louis Vuitton's artistic director and the founder of Off-White, Titan Virgil Abloh dies at 41 after private cancer battle
- ●Trump tells the US to invade and 'bomb the hell' out of Afghanistan if the Taliban doesn't return billions in US weapons and equipment
- ●Elon Musk says he forgets Bernie Sanders is alive after tax demand
- ●President Joe Biden and other world leaders are given microphone 'condoms' at UN amid COVID fears (photos)
- ●Donald Trump says he’d beat Joe Biden in a boxing match
- ●Users frustrated as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp crash
- ●North Korea fires new long-range cruise missiles developed by the country's engineers
- ●President Biden on Afghanistan withdrawal, Taliban takeover intelligence decisions l WNT
- ●I Will Not Attend The Inauguration On January 20th – Donald Trump