TikTok Boss, Zhang Yiming, Resigns At Age 38 With A Net Worth Of $44bn To Spend His Time “reading And Daydreaming”
One of the billionaire co-founders of TikTok is stepping down as CEO of ByteDance, the Parent company of popular app, TikTok.
Zhang Yiming, 38, said Thursday, May 20, that he will leave the role because he lacks managerial skills. He added that he preferred “reading and daydreaming” to running the tech giant.
On Monday, May 24, Zhang announced his resignation in an official letter to his employees. he reiterated that he lacked some skills that’d make him an ideal manager.
“The truth is, I lack some of the skills that make an ideal manager. Similarly, I’m not very social, preferring solitary activities like being online, reading, listening to music, and daydreaming about what may be possible,” he said.
According to Bloomberg, he resigns with a net worth of $44.5billion, making him 31st on a list of the world’s richest people.
- ●Amazon To Buy MGM Studios For $9 Billion
- ●Meet Nigeria’s Five Biggest Banks By Assets
- ●Federal government set to deploy 5G network nationwide
- ●Sterling Bank Sets New Tone for Banking in Nigeria as Café One Launches New Outlet
- ●Where to invest money for good returns in Nigeria?
- ●Naira's fall continues, now exchanging between N562 and N570 for 1$
- ●How to Make Money Online from home in Nigeria
- ●CBN Governor Saves Nigerians From Crypto Explosion
- ●FCMB Emerge as the Best SME Bank in Africa and Nigeria