TCS Set To Employ More Teachers To Replace Those Who Have Exited
The Teacher Service Commission is in the process of advertising new post to replace the high number of teachers that have existed the profession.About 7908 teachers retired by 31st December 2020 when they attained the retirement age set at 60 years.Initially,it was estimated that around 12000 teachers could have exited the profession by the end of last year.To address that,the commission responded by advertising post on internship which were interviews in the last week.
The commission is also in the process of filing the gap that was created when most of the teachers aged 58 and above were advised to work from home.Some of them were holding administrative post.It forced the commission to advertise about 15000 vacancies with the deadline being on 15 January 2021.
The teacher employer should move with speed to replace these teachers that have retired.With the schools reopening on Monday, teachers will have a hard time to cope up with the increased workload.
- ●Strike: FG agrees to pay N30bn to ASUU, N20b to revamp education sector
- ●180 new covid-19 cases, 73 discharged and 0 deaths
- ●Students rages as Abia State University Demands N15,000 “Pandemic Prevention Fee” From Students
- ●Nigerian govt issues fresh guidelines for reopening schools
- ●Nigerian Students Are Going Into Crime Over Strike – Islamic Cleric Tells ASUU