Swedish Official Steps Down After Breaching COVID-19 Guidelines
The head of the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) is leaving his post, the agency said Wednesday, after a controversial Christmas trip denounced as a breach of Covid-19 guidelines.
Dan Eliasson, who has headed the agency since 2018, asked the government to reassign him and the government was expected to make a decision shortly, according to a statement from the agency.
The row started after the Eliasson travelled to the Canaries to spend Christmas with his daughter, a resident of the islands, which are located off north Africa.
The daily newspaper Expressen reported that Eliasson had flown out a little over a week after the government had recommended people not to travel overseas unless “necessary”.
- ●The Real Reason FSARZ Is Highly Corrupt In Nigeria (EXPOSED BY Policeman)
- ●Its #ElectionDay - Who do you think will win the election today? (CHECK OPINIONS LIVE)
- ●US Election: Biden Flips Wisconsin, Trump Wants Recount
- ●Jeff Bezos Dumped $3 Billion Worth Of Amazon Stock
- ●African Development Bank Signs Grant Agreement to Support Rwanda Coding Academy