Super Falcons Trashes Cska 1-0 In Turkish Tourney Opener
African champions Nigeria earned a 1-0 win over CSKA Moscow Ladies on Thursday in their opener at the ongoing Turkish Women’s Tournament in Antalya.
Chinwendu Ihezuo scored the only goal of the match at the Emir Sports Complex as the Super Falcons showed enthusiasm in their first match of any kind since being eliminated in the race for a ticket to the Tokyo Olympics 16 months ago.
Petite forward Francisca Ordega was outstanding in a game the nine-time African champions dominated and created a hatful of chances.
It was the first call for new head coach, Randy Waldrum, who signed his working agreement with the Nigeria Football Federation 24 hours before the encounter.
Nigeria capped Germany-based midfielder Patricia George and Spain-based Antoniette Payne, also a midfielder, in a match that Waldrum expressed his pleasure with the overall performance of his charges.
The Super Falcons will face potentially tougher duels against Uzbekistan and Equatorial Guinea, with the Uzbeks in line for Saturday morning, while the Nzalang National, two-time African champions, lie in wait on Tuesday morning.
- ●Get Your New 2021 Sportybet Balance Adder App At Best Lower Price That You Are Looking For
- ●Cristiano Ronaldo Overtakes Lionel Messi As Highest Earner In World Football [see Top 10 List]
- ●Bishop David Oyedepo's Spiritual Daughter, Ese Brume Shatters Commonwealth Record, Wins Nigeria's 12th Gold
- ●Breaking!!! Lionel Messi Wins The 2021 Ballon D’or For A Record Seventh Time
- ●Ronaldo Wins Premier League Potm Award
- ●Uefa Champions League Last-16 Draw Revealed: Lionel Messi's Psg To Face Cristiano Ronaldo's Manchester United
- ●Manchester United Release Official Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo's Signing
- ●See Why Kylian Mbappe Didn't Join Real Madrid
- ●Manchester United 3-2 Atlanta Match Highlight
- ●Antoine Griezmann Completes Shocking Return To Atletico Madrid From Barcelona