Suicide Bomber Kills Six Nigerian Troops: Military
Six Nigerian soldiers were killed when a jihadist rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into them during a clash in northeast Nigeria’s Borno state, two military sources said Tuesday.
The suicide bombing by a member of the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) group occurred Monday as the soldiers were conducting a raid of the group’s stronghold in the village of Talala, the sources told AFP.
They said scores of jihadists have been killed in the operation launched last week on ISWAP’s second largest camp.
Our men dominated the terrorists, killing dozens, and out of frustration they sent a suicide bomber who killed six soldiers,” one of the officers said.
They said the troops overran the Talala camp despite the bombing.
On Saturday 13 soldiers were killed in an ISWAP ambush near the town of Gujba in the neighbouring state of Yobe, according to military sources.
ISWAP, which split from the mainstream Boko Haram in 2016, has become a dominant group, focusing on military targets and high-profile attacks, including against aid workers.
The jihadist group has in recent times stepped up attacks on troops and frequently abduct travellers at bogus checkpoints along the highway linking the Borno capital Maiduguri and Damaturu, the capital of Yobe.
At least 36,000 people have been killed in the conflict since 2009 with around two million displaced in the northeast, according to the UN.
The violence has spilled into neighbouring Chad, Niger and Cameroon, prompting a regional military coalition to fight the jihadist groups.
- ●Hushpuppi pleads guilty to charges leveled against him, may face up to 20 years in Prison.
- ●Beautiful 20-year-old lady gets called to Nigerian Bar (Photos)
- ●“Obi Cubana has spiritual protection, my products won’t work on him” – Jaruma tells ladies (video)
- ●Chaos Among Billionaires As Actress Caroline Danjuma Says She Is Ready For Love Again
- ●SERAP Nigeria Sues Buhari & Lai Mohammed For the 99th Time
- ●JUST IN! NLC To Embark On Nationwide Protest On Wednesday
- ●Comedian Oluwa Dollars involved in a car accident in Lekki, Lagos
- ●Nigerians react to proposed change of Nigeria's name to UAR
- ●What's Nigeria's Social Media Bill all about? - BBC Africa
- ●Should A Man Ask For Money From His Girlfriend Or Wife ???