Stop President Buhari From Medical Trips – Senate Tells State House Officials
Members of the Senate Committee on Federal Character have asked State House officials to restrain President Buhari from making any further medical trips abroad so as to ensure that the State House clinic becomes functional this year.
The Committee gave the warning when the State House Permanent Secretary, Tijani Umar, appeared before the panel to defend the 2021 budget estimates for the statehouse.
Umar had presented a budget of N19.7bn for 2021, out of which N1.3bn was proposed for the State House Clinic.
Reacting to the proposal, the Chairman of the Senate panel, Senator Danjuma La’ah, said the committee would approve the budget for the State House Clinic but insisted that the President and other top officials of his government should no longer be flown abroad for medical treatment.
After the budget defence, Umar told newsmen that the statehouse would work towards ensuring the state house clinic is functional to meet the medical needs of President Buhari and other top government officials.
President Buhari has made quite a number of foreign medical trips since he assumed office in 2015.
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Alleged N32.9bn Cyber Fraud: Court Fixes Date To Rule On Mompha’s No-Case Submission