Soludo Is Officially New Governor-elect Of Anambra State
Former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Charles Soludo, has been declared the winner of the Anambra State governorship election.
The victory of the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) was sealed following the supplementary election in Ihiala local government area on Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
Collation of results from the original November 6 election had been suspended days ago after it was discovered voting didn't take place in Ihiala due to a 'security threat'.
Soludo was leading with 103,946 votes, followed by Valentine Ozigbo of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who got 51,322 votes, before collation was halted.
After the conclusion of the collation of results late on Tuesday, Soludo clinched the election, as expected, with 112,229 votes, after winning Ihiala LGA with 8,283 votes.
Ozigbo won 2,485 votes and finished the election in second place with 53,807 votes.
Soludo was declared winner of the election by the returning officer, Professor Florence Banku Obi, in the early hours of Wednesday, November 10.
He will replace
- ●Court orders FG to pay N20bn to Sunday Igboho
- ●INEC declares Anambra governorship election inconclusive
- ●EndSARS: Lagos Panel reportedly indicts Nigerian Army and Police, says they shot live bullet and killed Lekki Tollgate protesters while singing National Anthem
- ●Sanusi says Nigeria’s economy is about to collapse
- ●BREAKING!!! Massive gas leakage in Ikeja
- ●Senate rejects Federal Government’s proposal to borrow N82 billion to buy mosquito nets for Nigerians
- ●BREAKING: Court Convicts Former Bank MD, Three Others Over N18bn Theft
- ●Man shouts out in the wake of getting N1k charge for plate that was utilized in serving him in a lodging
- ●Comedian Oluwa Dollars involved in a car accident in Lekki, Lagos
- ●Soludo is officially new Governor-elect of Anambra State