See What Will Determine Fresh Lockdown In Nigeria
The attitude of Nigerians, the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 says that will determine the imposition of a fresh lockdown amid the second wave of the pandemic.
President Muhammadu Buhari, recall that in March 2020, imposed a lock-down on the FCT, Lagos, and Ogun States for over five weeks as part of measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 during the first wave of the pandemic.
But speaking on a television program on Tuesday, PTF National Coordinator, Sani Aliyu, said Nigerians need to adhere to COVID-19 protocols not to risk another lockdown.
He noted that the task force has not decided on a fresh lockdown but public attitude will determine its next line of action.
“A lockdown is not going to be decided by the PTF but it is going to be decided by the behavior of the public when it comes to these rules. We have countries abroad that have very strict non-pharmaceutical intervention measures and everybody follows it. The flights are coming in, schools are open, churches are open and they don’t have Covid problem because everybody observes the rules.
“We definitely don’t want a lockdown and because we don’t want to lockdown, we need to make sure we do everything we can to prevent ourselves from reaching that state where the government will have to take action.”
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Alleged N32.9bn Cyber Fraud: Court Fixes Date To Rule On Mompha’s No-Case Submission