SARS Killed My Husband, Told Me To Marry Another Man – Woman Recounts
Wife of a victim of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) brutality, Mrs Chidinmma Precious Edozieuno has recounted to the Anambra Judicial panel on activities of the unit and how men of the unit took away her husband in 2017 and told her to kiss him goodbye.
Mrs Edozieuno who petitioned the panel and also appeared for testimony prayed the panel to give her reasonable compensation for the loss of her husband and properties.
She told journalists in an interview that her husband, a businessman who lived in Benin Republic, Mr Johnson Edozienu had returned to Nigeria to visit her and her newborn baby when he was taken away by SARS officials.
“We were in our house in Awka that fateful day in August 2017 when some gunmen broke into our house and took my husband. They also took away almost all our household properties and told me to go and marry another man that this one is as good as dead.
“They said my husband was a kidnapper. I did not even know where they came from, and at first, I didn’t even know they were policemen.
With the help of a friend, who is a police officer, we started looking for my husband. He took me to many police stations to know if they had him, but none of them had him. We went to Awkuzu SARS office, and that was where I saw three of the men who came and arrested my husband.
"I took a lawyer and we went to court. It was in court that the counsel representing SARS told us that my husband was dead. They said he was a kidnapper. I dated my husband for a long time before we got married. He is not a kidnapper. I lived in Benin and that was where we knew each other. I later relocated to Nigeria. My husband is from Aguleri,” she said.
She listed items collected from her home to include; a refrigerator, television set, a generator set, laptop, iPhone and Wifi.
She prayed he judicial panel to give her considerable compensation for her husband who is already dead and whose life can not be restored. She also asked that the body of her husband be given to her for burial and compensation for the household items taken from her home.
Chairman of the panel, Rtd Justice V.N Umeh, however, assured Edozieuno that the petition was well-received and that it would go into investigation and make recommendations, after which, they would invite her.
- ●Nigerian tech genius dies in his sleep, 7 days after winning a N69billion US govt contract
- ●Commotion as Eko Hotel staff tries to prevent Super Eagles players from training (video)
- ●Take your grievance to God, not the media” – TV host, Morayo Brown criticizes alleged Winners Church Pastor for sharing his sack letter on social media
- ●Frank Edoho replies lady who mentioned his name while saying Toke Makinwa isn't the right host for Gulder Ultimate Search
- ●“People who look down on female CEO’s should do their research and see how much they are turning over” – Kiki Osinbajo
- ●Obi Cubana, Kanayo O Kanayo, others risk six months jail term
- ●“Sex before marriage is not a sin, any pastor saying it’s a sin is an enemy of the finished work and is not real” – Pastor Olakunle Beloved Jesukale
- ●Why You Must Never Participate On The SilhouetteChallenge Trend On Social Media
- ●Breaking: Baba Ijesha Has Been Granted Bail
- ●Your boxers and pants isn't a part of your body. Wear it once and wash it - reality TV star, Alex, advises men