Rivers State Reports 163 New Cases Of COVID-19 As 14 More Die Nationwide
Rivers state has reported 163 new cases of the novel coronavirus, even as 14 more persons were confirmed dead across the country.
Rivers’ tally made it the second most-prolific virus state on Wednesday, just behind Lagos state, the country’s epicentre of the global pandemic.
In an early-morning tweet on Thursday, the Nigeria Centre of Disease Control said 22 states across the country reported a total of new 1,386 cases on Wednesday.
To date, Nigeria has recorded 114,691 cases of the virus, with 92,336 cases discharged and 1478 deaths.
The breakdown of the virus distribution by States showed that Lagos recorded 476 new cases ahead of Rivers’ 163.
Other regions with new cases include the FCT (116), Kaduna (114), Oyo (68), Plateau (62), Ogun (56), Imo (55), Osun (55), Edo (51), Anambra (50), Kwara (44), Kano (17), Ebonyi (14), Cross River (10), Delta (10), Jigawa (8), Bayelsa (6), Ekiti (6), Borno (2), Taraba (2), and Zamfara (1).
Meanwhile, the NCDC noted that its Wednesday discharges “includes 626 community recoveries in Lagos State managed in line with guidelines.”
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests
- ●Alleged N32.9bn Cyber Fraud: Court Fixes Date To Rule On Mompha’s No-Case Submission
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja