President Joe Biden And Other World Leaders Are Given Microphone 'condoms' At UN Amid COVID Fears (photos)
US President Joe Biden and other world leaders who spoke at Tuesday's United Nations General Assembly were given a fresh microphone head in order to prevent the gathering of world leaders from becoming a COVID superspreader event.
The microphone head, had the appearance of black, condom-like bag.
One reporter wrote: 'New in the age of COVID, a little condom for the microphone' - for both its bag-like appearance and the protection it was supposed to provide.
'According to the UN COVID-19 protocols, the podium will be cleaned after every speaker and the microphone head will be replaced,' a White House official said.
Biden spoke at U.N. headquarters in New York on Tuesday September 21, after Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, confirmed on Monday to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that he hasn't been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Johnson urged people to 'get AstraZeneca vaccines' - one that hasn't yet been approved in the United States.
'I've had it twice,' the British PM said, to which Bolsonaro replied, 'Not yet.'
The White House later put out the statement pointing out the mic swap was happening between every world leader, meaning it wasn't just a precaution surrounding Bolsonaro's vaccination status.
- ●Trump tells the US to invade and 'bomb the hell' out of Afghanistan if the Taliban doesn't return billions in US weapons and equipment
- ●President Biden on Afghanistan withdrawal, Taliban takeover intelligence decisions l WNT
- ●How Instagram King 'Hushpuppi' Helps Launder $1.3 Billion - Coffeezilla
- ●Jeff Bezos funds anti-ageing technology to help humans 'live forever'
- ●North Korea fires new long-range cruise missiles developed by the country's engineers
- ●Arise News Feed (Video)
- ●Lagos ranked 56th safest city in the world
- ●Users frustrated as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp crash
- ●5NOG 2021 what do you think that makes papa say that this is the last edition off 5 nights of Glory
- ●Germany shatters record for Covid deaths as country enters lockdown By Fred Pleitgen, CNN