President Biden Threatens Sanctions Against Nigeria, Others Over Anti-Gay Laws
US president, Joe Biden, has threatened to sanction nations that have refused to make laws to accommodate Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer and Intersex (LGBTQI) people.
Biden stated this in a presidential memorandum. Sanctions against such nations may include financial punishment.
Nigeria is categorized as a homophobic country, due to its anti-gay posture which has been increasingly criticised by global rights groups.
- ●US President, Joe Biden condemns Iraqi PM survives assasination attempt
- ●Louis Vuitton's artistic director and the founder of Off-White, Titan Virgil Abloh dies at 41 after private cancer battle
- ●Trump tells the US to invade and 'bomb the hell' out of Afghanistan if the Taliban doesn't return billions in US weapons and equipment
- ●Elon Musk says he forgets Bernie Sanders is alive after tax demand
- ●President Joe Biden and other world leaders are given microphone 'condoms' at UN amid COVID fears (photos)
- ●Donald Trump says he’d beat Joe Biden in a boxing match
- ●Users frustrated as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp crash
- ●North Korea fires new long-range cruise missiles developed by the country's engineers
- ●President Biden on Afghanistan withdrawal, Taliban takeover intelligence decisions l WNT
- ●I Will Not Attend The Inauguration On January 20th – Donald Trump