Oyo State Rescued 40 Victims Of Trafficking In 2020, Arrested 10 Offenders
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Oyo State Command says it rescued 40 victims of human trafficking and arrested 10 traffick offenders in the year 2020.
The NIS Comptroller in the state, Usman Babangida, made this known to newsmen on Wednesday in Ibadan, NAN reports.
Babangida said 30 of the rescued victims were Beninese, five Togolese and five Nigerians.
He warned those who engage in human trafficking to desist from such act before the full wrath of the law falls on them.
The Comptroller further revealed that 35 of the victims had been reunited with their families while five were repatriated.
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Alleged N32.9bn Cyber Fraud: Court Fixes Date To Rule On Mompha’s No-Case Submission