Nysc Debunks Claim Urging Corpers To Make Ransom Available When Using High-risk Roads
The management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has denied media reports claiming it has advised serving corps members to prepare money for ransom if they get abducted while traveling on high-risk roads.
Some sections of the media had reported on Thursday that a security advisory introduced in March 2021 by the scheme had asked serving corps members to inform their family members and friends before embarking on a road trip as this would enable them to prepare sufficient ransom that may be required if abducted and save them from untimely and brutal death in the hands of the violent criminals.
In a rebuttal shared on its social media handles, NYSC management denied this claim. Read the rebuttal below
''The attention of Management of the National Youth Sevice Corps has been drawn to a fake release making the rounds on the social media to the effect that Corps Members travelling on "high risk roads" should alert their families, friends and colleagues in order to have somebody to pay off the ransom that could be demanded in the event of being kidnapped.
Management wishes to emphatically state that the clause quoted is not embedded in NYSC Security Tips pamphlet which was put together by a highly respected retired security expert.
Management wishes to appeal to the general public to always clarify issues with the Scheme.
Please, be wary of falling prey to the antics of mischief makers out to ridicule the Scheme.
Management shall continue to prioritise the security and welfare of Corps Members and staff at all times.
- ●Federal Government Begging For Strike – Asuu
- ●Endsars: Lagos Panel Reportedly Indicts Nigerian Army And Police, Says They Shot Live Bullet And Killed Lekki Tollgate Protesters While Singing National Anthem
- ●Court Orders Fg To Pay N20bn To Sunday Igboho
- ●Sanusi Says Nigeria’s Economy Is About To Collapse
- ●Users Frustrated As Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp Crash
- ●Nigerian Man Set To Marry A Woman He Met On Facebook.
- ●Us President, Joe Biden Condemns Iraqi Pm Survives Assasination Attempt
- ●Trump Tells The Us To Invade And 'bomb The Hell' Out Of Afghanistan If The Taliban Doesn't Return Billions In Us Weapons And Equipment
- ●Breaking: Court Sentences Internet Fraudster To 235 Years Imprisonment In Uyo
- ●Woman Arrested With Live Ammunition In Borno As Police Parade 52 Suspects