NIN: Crowd Storm NIMC Office As Deadline Draw Closer
Nigerians in their hundreds have stormed the National Identity Management Commission in Lagos to register for the National Identification Number.
The crowd shunned social distancing, exposing more people to the dreaded coronavirus.
This is coming as the deadline for registration draws closer.
A statement by the NIMC shows that the exercise will close around February.
The statement said:
“The National Task Force on NIN and SIM Registration met today (yesterday). Resolutions reached at the meeting include: that FG has approved three weeks extension for subscribers with NIN from December 30, 2020 to January 19; extended by six weeks extension for subscribers without NIN from December 30, 2020 to February 9, 2021.
“NIMC has provided strategies to enable citizens attend the registration in full compliance with COVID-19 protocols, particularly the use of facemasks which remains mandatory and maintenance of social distancing.
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Alleged N32.9bn Cyber Fraud: Court Fixes Date To Rule On Mompha’s No-Case Submission