Nigerian Students Are Going Into Crime Over Strike – Islamic Cleric Tells ASUU
A prominent Islamic Scholar in Kano State, Sheikh Abdulwahab Gadon-Kaya, has begged the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to find a lasting solution to the ongoing strike.
The Islamic Scholar made the appeal during a Town Hall meeting tagged ‘Struggle: In Defense of Nigerian Public Universities’ on Saturday in the state.
The cleric noted that there was the need for the urgent reopening of the Universities because the seven-month-old strike had caused a lot of issues,
He noted that the strike has pushed many students into committing different crimes, especially robbery, drug abuse and girls roaming the streets.
- ●Strike: FG agrees to pay N30bn to ASUU, N20b to revamp education sector
- ●180 new covid-19 cases, 73 discharged and 0 deaths
- ●Students rages as Abia State University Demands N15,000 “Pandemic Prevention Fee” From Students
- ●Nigerian govt issues fresh guidelines for reopening schools
- ●Nigerian Students Are Going Into Crime Over Strike – Islamic Cleric Tells ASUU