Nigerian Polytechnics Shut Down As ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike
The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) has commenced an indefinite strike nationwide.
The leadership of the union led by its president, Anderson Ezeibe made the announcement on Tuesday while addressing newsmen in Abuja.
According to him, the members of the union have vowed to shut down the Nigerian Polytechnics till the Federal Government meets their demands.
Recall that the FG on Monday invited officials of the Union to an emergency meeting over its proposed strike.
The minister of education, Adamu Adamu, had scheduled a meeting with the union on Tuesday.
According to a statement issued on Monday by Ben Bem Goong, spokesperson for the ministry of education, the meeting was to address the issues raised by ASUP in a bid to avert the planned strike.
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Chioma Dumps Her Boyfriend For The Alaafin of Oyo
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests