*nigeria Our Country😂😂😂😂*
- The Arabic sign on the newly redesigned naira notes has become another source of controversy among Nigerians
- Some are saying there is no need for the Arabic sign when the country is a secular one which as such
- A Nigerian on Twitter who urged others to join in his agitation specifically called for the removal of the sign
The Arabic inscription on the naira notes is called Ajami, an Arabic-derived African writing system.
Nigerians question Ajami sign in the new currency. Photo credit: Bashir Ahmad Source: Twitter
Nigerians condemn Arabic inscription on naira notes
"New Naira will be unveiled today. We don’t speak Arabic language here but have it inscribed in all our currency. Forcing Islamic nation on us all."
"This Arabic language in new naira notes is useless Nigeria is not an Arab country and it will never be."
"Is Arabic another official language in Nigeria? Why do we have the Arabic inscription retained on the new Naira notes?"
"Why does a currency have an Arabic inscription on it? If a tribe speaks Arabic and it's on the Naira note, then every tribe in Nigeria should have their language inscribed on the Naira note."
Your Brother’s Bestie:
"Why does the new Naira note have an Arabic inscription? Do Nigerians speak Arabic? What religious nonsense is going on in Nigeria?"
"Why Arabic language in Nigeria naira notes? So Nigeria has finally become Islamic nation? If CAN association keep quiet over this, then Christian is finished."
Nweke Akachukwu Raphael:
"The Arabic inscription in the naira note should be removed, please make this trend. Nigeria is not an Islamic state."
"So this regime failed to remove the Arabic inscription in our Naira notes. APC days are numbered, if APC rig 2023 election it will be disastrous."
"We have an entire Arabic phrase on our naira notes with no explanation. There ain’t no Islamophobia in Nigeria."
"Why will Nigeria redesign Naira and use Arabic write the names in Hausa are you people now trying to convert Nigeria as a whole to Hausa or calling Nigeria Hausa?"
"It's only colour change": Nigerians react as photos of the new naira notes trends
Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, November 23, unveiled the new naira notes before the federal executive council (FEC) meeting at the state house, Abuja.
The new notes presented to the public are 1000, 500 and 200 naira notes.
- ●The Rise Of Peter Obi - The Most Talked About Politician In Africa
- ●Do You Think Peter Obi Can Win The 2023 Election?
- ●Bola Ahmed Tinubu - From Drug Lord To Presidential Candidate By David Hundeyin Video Explained
- ●Vp Yemi Osibanjo Storms Out As He Fails To Come 1st & 2nd At The Apc Primaries
- ●Rev Mbaka Makes Shocking 2023 Presidential Prophecy
- ●Politician Shina Peller Ponders On How To Get Nigerian Youth To Replicate The Drive And Commitment They Have For Bbnaija In The 2023 General Elections
- ●Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi Mocks Arise Tv Anchor, Rufai Oseni
- ●Labour Party To Merge With Nnpp - Peter Obi & Kwankwaso To Join Forces Against Atiku & Tinubu
- ●Obi To Kwakwanso: Nigeria's Problem Is The Economy, Let Me Fix It
- ●Late Umar Musa Yar'adua's Son Weds Yacine, Daughter Of Hon. Mohammed-nur Sheriff.