Nba Debunks Disparaging Remarks Against Malami Over Justice Odili’s Home Raid
The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has denied comments on social media credited to the President of the NBA, Olumide Akpata, regarding the investigations into the raid of Hon. Justice Mary Odili’s house.
According to a statement on Wednesday, November 17, the NBA noted that “in the highly mischievous statement”, the President of the NBA was credited disparaging remarks against the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami.
Some of the remarks ascribed to the NBA president include: “Abubakar Malami is the most incompetent Attorney General of Federation Nigeria ever had. A Lawyer with no respect nor regard for rule of law. Malami cannot deny being involved in the raid of the house of Hon. Justice Mary Odili. He’s the principal suspect here and the earlier he admits the fact, the better for him.
“No Attorney General of the Federation has divided this country like the way Malami did. Malami is not only tribalistic in nature but equally lacks moral principles and character.
“We urge him to eschew pride and respect the office he’s occupying presently by bringing out those involved in such criminal act; or be ready to lose his Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) honour; because, from all indications, he doesn’t deserve it. He has proven to be exceptionally incompetent, undeserving of such position, lack of character and integrity.”
However, the NBA through its spokesman, Dr. Rapulu Nduka, asserted that in setting the records straight; its leadership has since set up a machinery to investigate the invasion of Justice Odili’s home.
According to the NBA, the aim of the said investigation is to provide the legal body with credible information based on empirical data; regarding the raid on the home and will not make comments that risk jeopardizing the process.
Furthermore, the NBA said it has its official and dedicated communication channels; and does not make statements through proxies or fifth columnists.
The association noted that it sees this “fake and mischievously motivated circulation; as the handiwork of mischief makers who clearly are not interested in good order or maintenance of peace in an already overheated polity”.
- ●Endsars: Lagos Panel Reportedly Indicts Nigerian Army And Police, Says They Shot Live Bullet And Killed Lekki Tollgate Protesters While Singing National Anthem
- ●Whose Fault Is This The Parents Or The Girl??
- ●Woman Arrested With Live Ammunition In Borno As Police Parade 52 Suspects
- ●Nba Debunks Disparaging Remarks Against Malami Over Justice Odili’s Home Raid
- ●Us President, Joe Biden Condemns Iraqi Pm Survives Assasination Attempt
- ●Sanusi Says Nigeria’s Economy Is About To Collapse
- ●President Joe Biden And Other World Leaders Are Given Microphone 'condoms' At Un Amid Covid Fears (Photos)
- ●Users Frustrated As Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp Crash
- ●Trump Tells The Us To Invade And 'bomb The Hell' Out Of Afghanistan If The Taliban Doesn't Return Billions In Us Weapons And Equipment
- ●Can State Chairmen Disown ‘northern Region Scribe’ Over Muslim-muslim Ticket