Mesut Ozil Finally Reaches Agreement With Arsenal To Terminate His Contract
Arsenal and Mesut Ozil have reached an agreement to terminate his contract, according to The Athletic.
Ozil has been frozen out since March 2020 by Gunners boss, Mikel Arteta.
The German was also excluded from Arsenal’s Premier League and Europa League squads.
Although he always insisted he would see out his contract which expires in the summer, he has now agreed to bring it to a premature end.
The 32-year-old was in-line to earn around £7million between now and the end of the season, but a deal has now been agreed for an early termination.
Ozil is set to travel to Turkey this weekend to complete a move to Fenerbahce after striking a deal with them.
The player was told that he would not be registered in Arsenal’s squads for the second half of the season either and therefore he decided the time had come to move on.
- ●“The protesters didn’t ask for war, just for a better Nigeria” – Chelsea football star, Antonio Rüdiger reacts to Lekki tollgate massacre
- ●What Is Happening With Ole & Man United
- ●More than 1000 fans to attend Play off in Ireland's Euro
- ●Aubameyang & Team-mates Sleep On Airport Floor
- ●Mason Mount Gets The Winner For England 2 - 1 Belgium