Mbappe Could Have Joined Arsenal For Free – Arsene Wenger
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Kylian Mbappe could have signed for Arsenal on a free during his time in north London.
Mbappe has been talked about as a long-term successor to Lionel Messi in the pantheon of footballing greats after his exhilarating hat-trick on Tuesday night.
The 22-year-old, whose contract at Paris Saint-Germain expires at the end of next season, has been linked with a host of top clubs, including Real Madrid and Liverpool, with his performance in his side’s 4-1 win in the first leg of their last-16 tie with Barcelona intensifying such talk.
It all could have very different, however, had Wenger had persuaded a talented youngster to join him at Arsenal.
“We can talk about Mbappe, I was at his home when he was undecided whether to extend his contract with Monaco,” Wenger told beIN Sports. “He could have come to Arsenal for free. I would say every club is full of histories like that.
“You go to Milan, to Manchester, Arsenal, Chelsea there are these kind of stories everywhere.”
- ●“The protesters didn’t ask for war, just for a better Nigeria” – Chelsea football star, Antonio Rüdiger reacts to Lekki tollgate massacre
- ●More than 1000 fans to attend Play off in Ireland's Euro
- ●What Is Happening With Ole & Man United
- ●Mason Mount Gets The Winner For England 2 - 1 Belgium
- ●Man Utd contact Pochettino to replace Solskjaer ahead of Everton clash