Manchester City Suffered A Lot Against Arsenal – Pep Guardiola
Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola, has said that his team suffered a lot following their 1-0 win over Arsenal on Sunday.
Guardiola also praised Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, adding that his former assistant “knows everything” about football.
Raheem Sterling’s first-half goal ensured Man City defeated Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.
Speaking after the game, Guardiola told Sky Sports: “It was hard like we expected it would be. We suffered a lot. It’s difficult to play against Arsenal and Mikel [Arteta]. That’s why I give the players incredible credit for this victory.
“Mikel knows everything. He’s so good. It’s not because he’s my friend. He’s so clever. I learn a lot watching his teams. Today I learned something that I can use in the future. He knows everything about football.
“People look at our run of wins and think it’s so easy. I didn’t expect it. I’m more than grateful for these players for what they’re doing, but winning these games 1-0 is what we need to do.
“The last 10-15 minutes was brilliant. We didn’t push the action. The action came through the passes and movements in the right tempo.
“At half-time, we adjusted our pressing and won a lot of balls. In the first half, we could not. The second half was better. We didn’t create chances but enough to win the game.”
- ●“The protesters didn’t ask for war, just for a better Nigeria” – Chelsea football star, Antonio Rüdiger reacts to Lekki tollgate massacre
- ●More than 1000 fans to attend Play off in Ireland's Euro
- ●What Is Happening With Ole & Man United
- ●Mason Mount Gets The Winner For England 2 - 1 Belgium
- ●Man Utd contact Pochettino to replace Solskjaer ahead of Everton clash