Louis Vuitton's Artistic Director And The Founder Of Off-White, Titan Virgil Abloh Dies At 41 After Private Cancer Battle
Virgil Abloh, the artistic director for Louis Vuitton and the founder of Off-White, has died after battling cancer privately for years.
Louis' parent company, LVMH, announced his passing on Sunday, Nov. 28.
The statement posted on Twitter reads: "LVMH, Louis Vuitton and Off White are devastated to announce the passing of Virgil Abloh, on Sunday, November 28th, of cancer, which he had been battling privately for several years."
Their CEO Bernard Arnault adds, "We are all shocked after this terrible news. Virgil was not only a genius designer, a visionary, he was also a man with a beautiful soul and great wisdom. The LVMH family joins me in this moment of great sorrow, and we are all thinking of his loved ones after the passing of their husband, their father, their brother or their friend."
A statement was also released via Virgil's private Instagram account.
- ●US President, Joe Biden condemns Iraqi PM survives assasination attempt
- ●Elon Musk says he forgets Bernie Sanders is alive after tax demand
- ●Users frustrated as Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp crash
- ●Trump tells the US to invade and 'bomb the hell' out of Afghanistan if the Taliban doesn't return billions in US weapons and equipment
- ●President Joe Biden and other world leaders are given microphone 'condoms' at UN amid COVID fears (photos)
- ●Lagos ranked 56th safest city in the world
- ●Donald Trump says heâ€™d beat Joe Biden in a boxing match
- ●President Biden on Afghanistan withdrawal, Taliban takeover intelligence decisions l WNT
- ●Confusion As A Dead Man Sits On A Chair, Wears Expensive Suit To His Own Funeral
- ●North Korea fires new long-range cruise missiles developed by the country's engineers