LaLiga: Setien Breaks Silence On Barcelona Sack, Claims Messi Is Difficult To Manage
Former Barcelona manager, Quique Setien, has claimed Lionel Messi is difficult to manage.
Setien arrived at the Nou Camp in January 2020, after the club sacked Ernesto Valverde.
But the former Real Betis manager lasted just over six months before he too was relieved of his duties in August.
Barca’s stunning 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League was the final straw for Setien, who failed to win a single trophy too.
In an interview with El Pais, Setien spoke about the difficulty of managing a player like Messi.
“Leo is difficult to manage. Who am I to change him! If they have accepted him as he is for years and have not changed him.
“There’s another facet beyond just the player and it’s more difficult to manage. Much more difficult. It’s something inherent in many athletes that can be seen in the Michael Jordan documentary. You see things you don’t expect.
- ●Get Your New 2021 Sportybet Balance Adder App At Best Lower Price That You Are Looking For
- ●Mohamed Salah’s honest comments after leveling Steven Gerrard’s European club record
- ●Roman Abramovich 150 Million Pounds Plan To Get Erling Haaland For Chelsea
- ●Super Eagles Currently 36th On Latest FIFA Rankings
- ●TEAM NEWS!! Man City Handed Boost As Aguero IS Fit For Tottenham Clash
- ●BREAKING NEWS!! UEFA Remove Away Goal Rule From The Champions League
- ●More than 1000 fans to attend Play off in Ireland's Euro
- ●Creative Football Skills
- ●What Is Happening With Ole & Man United
- ●Rumours about Chelsea ready to offload Werner (Sky Germany)