LaLiga: Setien Breaks Silence On Barcelona Sack, Claims Messi Is Difficult To Manage
Former Barcelona manager, Quique Setien, has claimed Lionel Messi is difficult to manage.
Setien arrived at the Nou Camp in January 2020, after the club sacked Ernesto Valverde.
But the former Real Betis manager lasted just over six months before he too was relieved of his duties in August.
Barca’s stunning 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League was the final straw for Setien, who failed to win a single trophy too.
In an interview with El Pais, Setien spoke about the difficulty of managing a player like Messi.
“Leo is difficult to manage. Who am I to change him! If they have accepted him as he is for years and have not changed him.
“There’s another facet beyond just the player and it’s more difficult to manage. Much more difficult. It’s something inherent in many athletes that can be seen in the Michael Jordan documentary. You see things you don’t expect.
- ●Manchester United Star Marcus Rashford, Breaks Up (Read Details)
- ●Edinson Cavani finally signs one-year contract extension with Manchester United
- ●More than 1000 fans to attend Play off in Ireland's Euro
- ●“The protesters didn’t ask for war, just for a better Nigeria” – Chelsea football star, Antonio Rüdiger reacts to Lekki tollgate massacre
- ●What Is Happening With Ole & Man United