JUST IN!!! President Buhari Reportedly Escapes Plane Crash
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari and the UNGA delegation that travelled with him during his recent trip to the United States, escaped an air mishap after the presidential jet suddenly developed a fault while they were returning to Nigeria.
Buhari had on Sunday, September 19, 2021, travelled to New York for the 76th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
Sources told SaharaReporters that the aircraft, a Boeing Business Jet (Boeing 737-700) marked 5N-FGT developed a fault while the President and his entourage were returning to Abuja on Saturday, September 25.
The publication reported that the presidential aircraft left the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York at 12:08 pm, landed at Sable Island Airport around 5:24 pm and had a 3-hour stopover.
The Nigeria Air Force 1 then departed the airport for Santa Maria where it landed around 9:10 pm. From Santa Maria, it flew to Nigeria and landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja on Sunday, September 26 at 5:01 am.
Sources said the aircraft was subsequently moved to Euro Airport in Germany on September 29 and arrived at 4.15pm after leaving the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport at 9.48am, with the Nigerian government paying €5,000 (Euros) (N2,385,000 at official rate of N477 to €1) per night as parking fee.
“The Presidential Boeing Business Jet registration number 5N-FGT developed a fault during his trip from New York. He travelled to Saudi Arabia with a smaller jet. A Falcon 7X jet with registration number 5N-FGV. No picture of his departure to Saudi Arabia was released to avoid the public knowing about the jet he travelled with,” a presidential source told SaharaReporters.
“The one that developed fault has been moved to EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg, Germany for repairs since September. It is registered and operated under another name AMACGND. They intentionally hid it and parked it under another name because it cost €5,000 (Euros) for parking per night,” a source said.
- ●Court orders FG to pay N20bn to Sunday Igboho
- ●INEC declares Anambra governorship election inconclusive
- ●EndSARS: Lagos Panel reportedly indicts Nigerian Army and Police, says they shot live bullet and killed Lekki Tollgate protesters while singing National Anthem
- ●Sanusi says Nigeria’s economy is about to collapse
- ●BREAKING!!! Massive gas leakage in Ikeja
- ●Senate rejects Federal Government’s proposal to borrow N82 billion to buy mosquito nets for Nigerians
- ●BREAKING: Court Convicts Former Bank MD, Three Others Over N18bn Theft
- ●Man shouts out in the wake of getting N1k charge for plate that was utilized in serving him in a lodging
- ●Comedian Oluwa Dollars involved in a car accident in Lekki, Lagos
- ●Soludo is officially new Governor-elect of Anambra State