“I Spend N120k On Electricity Monthly” – Toke Makinwa Laments
Popular Nigerian author and media entrepreneur, Toke Makinwa has bemoaned the outrageous electricity tariff in Nigeria.
According to the lifestyle vlogger, she spends as much as N30K to recharge electricity on her prepaid meter weekly, and a total of one hundred thousand naira (120k), in one month.
Taking to Twitter, she wrote,
“Damnnnn the government just makes it tough for its citizen to have peace, this increase on PHCN tariff is ridiculous, how do I spend 120k at 30k a week on light alone? That’s it I’m going back to my village, idanre here I come.
“You spend 30k per week to recharge Nepa card, that’s 120k a month and 1.2million a year to keep the lights on in Nigeria. Jokessssssssssss phew”.
Meanwhile, Toke who clocked 36 few days ago, revealed in her recent vlog that her greatest fear is being poor, adding that she want’s to be able to afford all she wants.
In her words,
“My greatest fear is being poor, I want to be able to afford what I want and I don’t like asking people for anything that’s why I hustle.”
- ●“I need to show off, it’s mine” – Regina Daniels flaunts luxury car and a N24million wrist watch gift, from husband Ned Nwoko
- ●FG Wants A Rapper To Come And Use Rap To Explain The Demands Of Youths In Aso Rock – Who Are You Choosing?
- ●Olamide Is A Not A Supporter Of ENDSARS But For APC – Fan Declares
- ●End SARS: Davido, others react to Desmond Elliot’s attack on influencers, celebrities over hate speech
- ●TrikyTee appointed as Bayelsa Governor’s Senior Special Assistant