Gov Babajide Sanwo-Olu Orders Closure Of All Schools In Lagos
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has ordered the immediate closure of private and public schools in Lagos state.
This, he ordered in a statement signed by Kayode Abayomi, Head, Public Affairs, Ministry of Education as tension escalates by the #EndSARS protests.
Commissioner for Education, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo, who issued the directive today, said the safety of the pupils/students, parents and all staff working in schools is paramount at this critical period.She, however, advised parents to keep an eye on their wards and not allow them to be used as willing tools in the hands of those who might want to hijack the protests to unleash mayhem on the society.
- ●Strike: FG agrees to pay N30bn to ASUU, N20b to revamp education sector
- ●180 new covid-19 cases, 73 discharged and 0 deaths
- ●Students rages as Abia State University Demands N15,000 “Pandemic Prevention Fee” From Students
- ●Nigerian govt issues fresh guidelines for reopening schools
- ●Nigerian Students Are Going Into Crime Over Strike – Islamic Cleric Tells ASUU