Funke Akindele Celebrates As Omo Ghetto Becomes Highest-Grossing Nollywood Movie
One of Nollywood’s leading ladies, Funke Akindele-Bello is in a celebratory mood as she has achieved a huge feat with her “Omo Ghetto: The Saga movie.”
Information Nigeria recalls that the movie had broken an official record in the Nigerian cinemas by grossing N124 million in its opening weekend.
Well, the star-studded film has now become the highest-grossing Nollywood movie of all time.
Taking to Instagram, the actress shared the exciting news with her fans.
Akindele-Bello posted a video showing her and her husband celebrating the major milestone.
The actress captioned;
“OMO GHETTO (THE SAGA) is the HIGHEST GROSSING NOLLWOOD MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!. This is how we react to this good news.”
The movie made history after surpassing the record that was previously held by Kemi Adetiba’s “The Wedding Part (One)” for four years.
In a statement made available by Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN), the 2020 comedy film has grossed N468,036,300.
Omo Ghetto, however, clinched the major title after raking in the whooping sum of N468,036,300.
Fans and well-wishers have began to congratulate the film star and her husband, JJC Skillz over the feat.
- ●“I need to show off, it’s mine” – Regina Daniels flaunts luxury car and a N24million wrist watch gift, from husband Ned Nwoko
- ●FG Wants A Rapper To Come And Use Rap To Explain The Demands Of Youths In Aso Rock – Who Are You Choosing?
- ●Olamide Is A Not A Supporter Of ENDSARS But For APC – Fan Declares
- ●End SARS: Davido, others react to Desmond Elliot’s attack on influencers, celebrities over hate speech
- ●TrikyTee appointed as Bayelsa Governor’s Senior Special Assistant