French Court Hands Life Sentence To Algerian Jihadist
An Algerian student who shot dead a young mother as he prepared to attack a French church has been sentenced to life imprisonment.
Sid-Ahmed Ghlam presented himself in court in Paris as a repentant jihadist manipulated by Islamic State handlers in Syria, who five years ago told him to attack a church in Villejuif, south of the capital.
He never carried out the attack.
He claimed a mystery accomplice killed 22 year-old fitness instructor Aurélie Châtelain by accident, despite his DNA being found with her body in her burnt-out car.
The court ordered him to serve at least 22 years, with immediate deportation to follow.
Three accomplices were jailed for up to 30 years.
- ●Herdsmen Attach In Enugu Leaves Scores Of People Dead
- ●Christians Beware! This Is A Wake Up Call #vocalspeaks
- ●Hey! Dear Men Mààkú (Don't Die) #vocalspeaks
- ●See The Shameless Moment Two Women Are Recorded On Camera Fighting Each Other Publicly (Video) Olajidepen
- ●Why Nigerian Refineries Are Always Broken (Video Documentary By Jude Bela)
- ●This Town Has A Shortage Of Men, Lot Of Women Are Looking For Men To Love
- ●Jobs!!! @mbuhari Approval, The 774,000 Special Public Works
- ●Endsars: Lagos Panel Reportedly Indicts Nigerian Army And Police, Says They Shot Live Bullet And Killed Lekki Tollgate Protesters While Singing National Anthem
- ●Fg Agrees To Pay Asuu Salaries Without Ippis
- ●Comedian Oluwa Dollars Involved In A Car Accident In Lekki, Lagos