French Court Hands Life Sentence To Algerian Jihadist
An Algerian student who shot dead a young mother as he prepared to attack a French church has been sentenced to life imprisonment.
Sid-Ahmed Ghlam presented himself in court in Paris as a repentant jihadist manipulated by Islamic State handlers in Syria, who five years ago told him to attack a church in Villejuif, south of the capital.
He never carried out the attack.
He claimed a mystery accomplice killed 22 year-old fitness instructor Aurélie Châtelain by accident, despite his DNA being found with her body in her burnt-out car.
The court ordered him to serve at least 22 years, with immediate deportation to follow.
Three accomplices were jailed for up to 30 years.
- ●Endsars: Lagos Panel Reportedly Indicts Nigerian Army And Police, Says They Shot Live Bullet And Killed Lekki Tollgate Protesters While Singing National Anthem
- ●Whose Fault Is This The Parents Or The Girl??
- ●Woman Arrested With Live Ammunition In Borno As Police Parade 52 Suspects
- ●Nba Debunks Disparaging Remarks Against Malami Over Justice Odili’s Home Raid
- ●Sanusi Says Nigeria’s Economy Is About To Collapse
- ●Us President, Joe Biden Condemns Iraqi Pm Survives Assasination Attempt
- ●President Joe Biden And Other World Leaders Are Given Microphone 'condoms' At Un Amid Covid Fears (Photos)
- ●Trump Tells The Us To Invade And 'bomb The Hell' Out Of Afghanistan If The Taliban Doesn't Return Billions In Us Weapons And Equipment
- ●Users Frustrated As Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp Crash
- ●Can State Chairmen Disown ‘northern Region Scribe’ Over Muslim-muslim Ticket