FG Speaks On Imposing Total Lockdown From Next Week
Rumors that the federal government will impose another total lockdown next week due to the rise in the number of coronavirus cases and deaths in Nigeria have been debunked.
The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 said no such plan is being considered.
This follows the circulation of a WhatsApp broadcast on social media on Thursday.
PTF National Coordinator, Dr. Sani Aliyu, insists the federal government was aware of the economic implication of a fresh lockdown.
He said, “We are aware of a fake message on WhatsApp that we’ve declared a lockdown in the country. This is absolutely not true. I call on the Nigerian public to please ignore this message and continue with normal activities.
“I’m also calling on the public to abide by the non-pharmaceutical interventions including wearing of face masks in the public, washing of hands, and maintaining physical distancing.
“There is an established way that we send our messages to the public including declarations when it comes to infection control. So, please ignore what is being gone round on WhatsApp.”
The Nigerian government has already confirmed that schools will still reopen nationwide from Monday, January 18.
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Chioma Dumps Her Boyfriend For The Alaafin of Oyo
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests