FG Agrees To Use Old Platform Before IPPIS To Pay All Withheld Salaries
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has revealed that they have reached an agreement with the Federal Government of Nigeria concerning their withheld salaries.
This was after they met with representatives of the federal government today. Taking to their official Twitter handle, they wrote;
The Negotiation between FG and #ASUU today yielded very good results.
The government has agreed to use the old platform before #IPPIS, to pay all withheld salaries.
UTAS is still undergoing usability test.
On revitalization, the government offered N15billion in addition to the N20billion pledged earlier.
#ASUU would now consult with its council and then get back to the government in a short while, to make their final intention known; if the strike will be suspended or not.
#BREAKING: Meeting Ended, Federal Government Agrees To Pay Additional N15bn Revitalisation Fund, Total Now N35bn.
- ●Strike: FG agrees to pay N30bn to ASUU, N20b to revamp education sector
- ●180 new covid-19 cases, 73 discharged and 0 deaths
- ●Students rages as Abia State University Demands N15,000 “Pandemic Prevention Fee” From Students
- ●Nigerian govt issues fresh guidelines for reopening schools
- ●Nigerian Students Are Going Into Crime Over Strike – Islamic Cleric Tells ASUU