Ex-FIFA President, Sepp Blatter Gets Fresh Six-Year Ban From Football For Financial Wrongdoing
Former Fifa president, Sepp Blatter has been given a new ban of six years and eight months from football.
Blatter, 85, who is already banned from football, was handed the new punishment for multiple breaches of FIFA’s ethics code.
The ban will come into force when his current suspension ends in October. FIFA’s former secretary-general, Jerome Valcke, was also handed the same punishment.
The ban has been imposed for multiple breaches of Fifa’s ethics code and comes into force when a current suspension ends in October, Fifa said.
The same length of the suspension has been imposed on the organization’s former secretary-general Jérôme Valcke. Both men have been fined 1m Swiss francs (almost £780,000), Fifa said.
A statement from Fifa read:
“The investigations into Messrs Blatter and Valcke covered various charges, in particular concerning bonus payments in relation to Fifa competitions that were paid to top Fifa management officials, various amendments and extensions of employment contracts, as well as reimbursement by Fifa of private legal costs in the case of Mr Valcke.”
The adjudicatory chamber of Fifa’s ethics committee found Blatter, 85, in breach of rules concerning duty of loyalty, conflicts of interest and offering or accepting gifts or other benefits.
Valcke was found to have breached those same ethics code articles, plus abuse of position. Blatter, along with former UEFA president Michel Platini, was banned from football for eight years in 2015 after being found guilty of dereliction of duty and a conflict of interest, among other charges
- ●Get Your New 2021 Sportybet Balance Adder App At Best Lower Price That You Are Looking For
- ●Mohamed Salah’s honest comments after leveling Steven Gerrard’s European club record
- ●Roman Abramovich 150 Million Pounds Plan To Get Erling Haaland For Chelsea
- ●Super Eagles Currently 36th On Latest FIFA Rankings
- ●TEAM NEWS!! Man City Handed Boost As Aguero IS Fit For Tottenham Clash
- ●BREAKING NEWS!! UEFA Remove Away Goal Rule From The Champions League
- ●More than 1000 fans to attend Play off in Ireland's Euro
- ●Creative Football Skills
- ●What Is Happening With Ole & Man United
- ●Rumours about Chelsea ready to offload Werner (Sky Germany)