Di’ja’s Single “Inyamuri” Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos)
Released date: November 28, 2020 (YouTube)
Inyamuri: Typically how Northerners would refer to anyone of Igbo extraction.
Historically, it is pretty nasty and considered derogatory, considering how the name came to be.
“inyamuri” means igbo person in hausa language and there’s nothing like derogatory about it, in fact Don Jazzy is an igbo man and he knows better.
The word inyamuri came into existence during the civil war when badly starved igbo children would beg the Nigerian soldiers (mostly hausa)for water saying “Nye’m mmiri”. it was then used to refer to the ibos. INYAMURI has no igbo meaning, ABOKI literally means MY FRIEND in hausa.
- ●“I need to show off, it’s mine” – Regina Daniels flaunts luxury car and a N24million wrist watch gift, from husband Ned Nwoko
- ●Davido gifts Imade Adeleke brand new Range Rover SUV for her 6th birthday
- ●Nengi flaunts huge stash of money & new diamond-encrusted watch
- ●FG Wants A Rapper To Come And Use Rap To Explain The Demands Of Youths In Aso Rock – Who Are You Choosing?
- ●BET Awards 2021: Burna Boy & Wizkid nominated for Best International Act