Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Ali Daei's International Scoring Record After Scoring His With 110th And 111th Goals For Portugal
Cristiano Ronaldo has broken Ali Daei's 15-year international goalscoring record after netting his 110th and 111th goals for Portugal in an epic comeback win.
Ronaldo’s 89-minute strike in Portugal 2 - 1 win in their World Cup qualifying match on Wednesday night means he now has 110 goals in 180 appearances for his country, breaking Ali Daei’s record of 109 goals for Iran.
The 36-year-old had the chance to break the record earlier in the game after Portugal were awarded a penalty but Ireland's 19-year-old goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu, saved Ronaldo's spot kick.
The Portuguese icon took his shirt off in wild celebration on one of the most memorable nights of a career littered with them.
Ronaldo, who took home the golden boot from the Euros with six goals is now 34 strikes ahead of the next-highest active men's player (behind Daei) Ali Mabkhout, who has 76 goals in 92 for the UAE.
Daei scored 109 times for Iran between 1993 and 2006.
- ●Get Your New 2021 Sportybet Balance Adder App At Best Lower Price That You Are Looking For
- ●Cristiano Ronaldo Overtakes Lionel Messi As Highest Earner In World Football [see Top 10 List]
- ●Bishop David Oyedepo's Spiritual Daughter, Ese Brume Shatters Commonwealth Record, Wins Nigeria's 12th Gold
- ●Breaking!!! Lionel Messi Wins The 2021 Ballon D’or For A Record Seventh Time
- ●Ronaldo Wins Premier League Potm Award
- ●Uefa Champions League Last-16 Draw Revealed: Lionel Messi's Psg To Face Cristiano Ronaldo's Manchester United
- ●Manchester United Release Official Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo's Signing
- ●See Why Kylian Mbappe Didn't Join Real Madrid
- ●Antoine Griezmann Completes Shocking Return To Atletico Madrid From Barcelona
- ●Manchester United 3-2 Atlanta Match Highlight