COVID-19: Lagos State Builds Oxygen Plant At IDH, Yaba
In furtherance of the commitment of @followlasg to deploy effective response to #COVID19 pandemic, a brand new oxygen plant situated at Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) Yaba, was activated yesterday, January 8, 2021
The oxygen plant was built in collaboration with @gatesfoundation in response to the second wave of #COVID19 in Lagos State.
Oxygen plants are industrial device designed for regular supply into healthcare facilities. The plants separate oxygen from other air components by using pressure swing adsorption or membrane separation techniques.
High purity oxygen is needed in healthcare facilities and essential for patients undergoing COVID treatments.
The increased demand for oxygen for treatment of patients in the second wave of the #COVID19 pandemic necessitate activation of more oxygen generation capacity in Lagos State and has received express approval of Mr. Governor @jidesanwoolu.
Oxygen from the newly installed plant will be administered to patients through cylinders made available at hospital wards.
This is particularly useful for patients with co-morbidities who require prompt oxygen for survival.
The operation of the plant will significantly make oxygen available for #COVID19 patients and supplement oxygen supply to about 300 cylinders per day and 6 cylinders per hour
In critical situation, a #COVID19 patient can use 6 cylinders per day.
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Alleged N32.9bn Cyber Fraud: Court Fixes Date To Rule On Mompha’s No-Case Submission