Court Orders FG To Pay N20bn To Sunday Igboho
An Oyo State High Court has ordered the Department of State Services (DSS) to pay N20 billion to Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho.
The payment is for damages done to his Soka home in Ibadan during the July 1 invasion by the DSS.
Justice Ladiran Akintola gave the order Friday, September 17, in a suit filed by Igboho, who is currently in detention in Benin Republic.
Igboho had demanded N500billion for the damages done to his home.
The court declared the raid illegal and criticized the DSS for "arbitrary aggression and prejudices".
The judge also dismissed an application challenging its jurisdiction for hearing the suit.
Igboho was arrested in Benin Republic while trying to escape to Germany following the invasion of his residence by the DSS on July 1, 2021.
- ●Comedian Oluwa Dollars involved in a car accident in Lekki, Lagos
- ●Man shouts out in the wake of getting N1k charge for plate that was utilized in serving him in a lodging
- ●Chaos Among Billionaires As Actress Caroline Danjuma Says She Is Ready For Love Again
- ●Court orders FG to pay N20bn to Sunday Igboho
- ●IPOB declares another sit-at-home in the South East
- ●Twitter ban remains as Nigeria loses N220.36bn
- ●Final year student misses last paper after police officers allegedly stormed his hostel and illegally arrested him
- ●Bernard Arnault beats Jeff Bezos, becomes the richest man in the world
- ●We will welcome Goodluck Jonathan if he defects to our party – APC
- ●Twitter ban: Discussions with the Nigerian government have been respectful and productive - Twitter Spokesperson