Court Orders Fg To Pay N20bn To Sunday Igboho
An Oyo State High Court has ordered the Department of State Services (DSS) to pay N20 billion to Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho.
The payment is for damages done to his Soka home in Ibadan during the July 1 invasion by the DSS.
Justice Ladiran Akintola gave the order Friday, September 17, in a suit filed by Igboho, who is currently in detention in Benin Republic.
Igboho had demanded N500billion for the damages done to his home.
The court declared the raid illegal and criticized the DSS for "arbitrary aggression and prejudices".
The judge also dismissed an application challenging its jurisdiction for hearing the suit.
Igboho was arrested in Benin Republic while trying to escape to Germany following the invasion of his residence by the DSS on July 1, 2021.
- ●Federal Government Begging For Strike – Asuu
- ●Endsars: Lagos Panel Reportedly Indicts Nigerian Army And Police, Says They Shot Live Bullet And Killed Lekki Tollgate Protesters While Singing National Anthem
- ●Sanusi Says Nigeria’s Economy Is About To Collapse
- ●Court Orders Fg To Pay N20bn To Sunday Igboho
- ●Man Shouts Out In The Wake Of Getting N1k Charge For Plate That Was Utilized In Serving Him In A Lodging
- ●Trump Tells The Us To Invade And 'bomb The Hell' Out Of Afghanistan If The Taliban Doesn't Return Billions In Us Weapons And Equipment
- ●Us President, Joe Biden Condemns Iraqi Pm Survives Assasination Attempt
- ●Nba Debunks Disparaging Remarks Against Malami Over Justice Odili’s Home Raid
- ●Inec Declares Anambra Governorship Election Inconclusive
- ●Woman Arrested With Live Ammunition In Borno As Police Parade 52 Suspects