Court Dismisses Pdp’s Suit Seeking Disqualification Of Tinubu, Obi
A Federal High Court in Abuja has dismissed a suit filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) seeking the disqualification of Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), and Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party.
In the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/1016/2022, the PDP had challenged the propriety of the substitution of the running mates for the APC and the Labour Party.
It prayed the court to compel the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to prevent Tinubu and Obi from replacing their running mates with Kashim Shettima and Datti Baba-Ahmed respectively.
The party asked the court to declare that Tinubu and Obi be disqualified unless they contest alongside their previous running mates – Kabiru Masari and Doyin Okupe.
- ●Endsars: Lagos Panel Reportedly Indicts Nigerian Army And Police, Says They Shot Live Bullet And Killed Lekki Tollgate Protesters While Singing National Anthem
- ●Whose Fault Is This The Parents Or The Girl??
- ●Woman Arrested With Live Ammunition In Borno As Police Parade 52 Suspects
- ●Nba Debunks Disparaging Remarks Against Malami Over Justice Odili’s Home Raid
- ●Sanusi Says Nigeria’s Economy Is About To Collapse
- ●Us President, Joe Biden Condemns Iraqi Pm Survives Assasination Attempt
- ●President Joe Biden And Other World Leaders Are Given Microphone 'condoms' At Un Amid Covid Fears (Photos)
- ●Trump Tells The Us To Invade And 'bomb The Hell' Out Of Afghanistan If The Taliban Doesn't Return Billions In Us Weapons And Equipment
- ●Users Frustrated As Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp Crash
- ●Can State Chairmen Disown ‘northern Region Scribe’ Over Muslim-muslim Ticket