Champions League: 11 Ajax Players Test Positive To COVID-19
Ajax’s Champions League clash against Midjytlland has been thrown into chaos, after 11 of their players tested positive for COVID-19.
The Dutch giants have been left stunned by the development, with the squad preparing to fly to Denmark.
According to the UK Mirror, an insider at the club described the situation as a “coronavirus bomb”.
Between 11 and 15 players could be ruled out of the game after remaining in Amsterdam to undergo further tests.
The outbreak is so widespread that there is a belief that the testing procedure itself may have been compromised and that the readings are not accurate.
Ajax have contacted UEFA for permission for some players to fly to Denmark tomorrow just hours before the game, with the likes of captain Dusan Tadic and ex-Everton midfielder Davy Klassen not included in their 17-man squad.
Regulations stipulate that visiting teams must be in the country in which they are playing at least a day before the game.
- ●“The protesters didn’t ask for war, just for a better Nigeria” – Chelsea football star, Antonio Rüdiger reacts to Lekki tollgate massacre
- ●What Is Happening With Ole & Man United
- ●More than 1000 fans to attend Play off in Ireland's Euro
- ●Aubameyang & Team-mates Sleep On Airport Floor
- ●Mason Mount Gets The Winner For England 2 - 1 Belgium