Borno Massacre: Buhari Should Reset Nigeria’s Security Architecture – Peter Obi
Peter Obi, former Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential running mate, on Tuesday, urged the federal government to reset Nigeria’s security architecture.
Obi made the appeal in response to the killing of rice farmers by Boko Haram terrorist group in Borno State.
The terrorist group had beheaded some rice farmers in Jere Local Government Area of Borno State over the weekend.
Reacting to the massacre, the former Anambra State governor described the killing as primitive.
In a series of tweets, Obi wrote: “The horrendous killing of hard-working farmers in Borno is primitive and has no place in our society.
“It stands condemned. Very importantly, FG must now urgently reset the security architecture in the country, especially in the North East.
“My sincere condolences to families of the deceased, Governor Zulum, and people and government of Borno. May their souls rest in peace.”
- ●Buhari Approves 1.6. Billion for e-Government Website Development To Fight Corruption
- ●IMPORTANT: Trump Signs Executive Order For Students
- ●US ELECTIONS: Three Nigerian-Americans win in US 2020 elections
- ●Fashola discovers mystery camera at Lekki Toll Gate
- ●Ondo election: Gov Makinde denies ordering thugs to attack Fayose at PDP rally