Banky W’s EME, Mohits, Refused To Sign Me – Tiwa Savage
Popular Nigerian singer, Tiwa Savage has revealed that she got turned down by Banky W from being signed into his music label ‘EME.’
Tiwa said this during an interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu.
Empire Mates Entertainment known as EME was a Nigerian record label founded by Banky W and Tunde Demuren in 2002.
According to her, before she joined Mavin Records, she had approached Banky W alongside other record labels, but he refused.
When asked why, Tiwa said Banky W had a female artist he was working with at the time.
The mother of one said: “At the time when I just got back to Nigeria, I approached Banky W to sign me into his music label, but he said No.
“I guess because he was about to work with Niniola at the time. I also went to Mohits at that time, and they were working with Muna, so they turned me down and I went back to LA.
"But I later got back to Nigeria and begged Don Jazzy to sign me into Mavin records and he did.
“I’m sure EME, other records can see me now,” Tiwa said.
- ●Davido and Chioma spotted together for the first time since rumoured breakup
- ●R. Kelly found guilty, to spend the rest of his life in prison
- ●Immediately Zubby Michael arrived at Abuja, see what he did to a policeman who wanted to greet him Worldbest001
- ●Ubi Franklin & Renee5Star In Hot Romantic Mess - GistMerchant
- ●Wizkid's 'Essence' set to become the first Nigerian record to hit platinum in the US
- ●STARBOY!!! Wizkid and Tems’ ‘Essence’ hit number 16 on Billboard Hot 100
- ●Davido and his squad arrive at the candlelight event held in honour of his late aide, Obama DMW (video)
- ●Tonto Crying On The Phone Because Of Boyfriend KpoKpogiri (Audio Leak)
- ●“Burna Boy And Davido Will Become Best Friends” – Singer Timaya Gives Reasons
- ●You Wont Die If You Are Nice To Your Female Friends - Kim Oprah