Antoine Griezmann Completes Shocking Return To Atletico Madrid From Barcelona
Antoine Griezmann has completed his shock Deadline Day return to Atletico Madrid on loan from Barcelona.
Griezmann, 30, spent five seasons at Atletico before moving to Barcelona for a fee of around €120 million in 2019. He made 102 appearances for Barcelona in which he has scored 35 goals and totalled 17 assists.
This season Griezmann has played almost every minute of Barcelona’s first three league games against Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao, and Getafe.
He has joined Atletico on loan for the season, with both clubs holding an option to renew it for a further season, with the Catalan club adding the Madrid side also had an obligation to make the deal permanent.
Sky in Italy reports this permanent deal would cost £34.4m (€40m).
Atletico were able to move for the 30-year-old after sanctioning Saul Niguez's departure to Chelsea on an initial loan with an option to buy worth £33.4m (€38.9m) overall.
Diego Simeone was keen to sign a new striker before Griezmann decided to return to the club
- ●Get Your New 2021 Sportybet Balance Adder App At Best Lower Price That You Are Looking For
- ●Breaking!!! Lionel Messi Wins The 2021 Ballon D’or For A Record Seventh Time
- ●Xavi Hernandez Set To Be Appointed Barcelona Head Coach
- ●Antoine Griezmann Completes Shocking Return To Atletico Madrid From Barcelona
- ●Erling Haaland Has More Premier League Goals Than Mo Salah, Cristiano Ronaldo And Gabriel Jesus In 2022.
- ●Breaking!!! Gernot Rohr Sacked As Super Eagles Coach, Eguavoen Appointed As Interim Coach
- ●Chelsea's Rudiger Informally Accepts Real Madrid's Deal
- ●Cristiano Ronaldo Overtakes Lionel Messi As Highest Earner In World Football [see Top 10 List]
- ●See Why Kylian Mbappe Didn't Join Real Madrid
- ●West Ham End Liverpool's 25-match Unbeaten Run In 5-goal Thriller