Accepting Protesters’ Demands Emboldened Them To Turn Violent — Pres. Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari, has said his regime’s decision to accept the demands by youths who protested against the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Nigeria Police Force emboldened them to become violent.
According to his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the president stated this in a virtual meeting with the former Nigerian leaders, in Abuja on Friday, October 23.
The president recalled that the youths had demanded that the squad be disbanded, among others.
Adesina quoted the President as saying, “We accepted all the demands and proceeded immediately to scrap SARS and started the process of addressing the other demands.
Unfortunately, the protesters refused to call off the protest and engage the government to address their grievances.
Instead, they became emboldened and gradually turned violent.”
- ●Anthony Okechukwu Dead (one of the protesters at Lekki Toll gate)
- ●Most Powerful Photos From EndSarz Campaign In Nigeria That Will Be Remembered In History
- ●Chioma Dumps Her Boyfriend For The Alaafin of Oyo
- ●MC Oluomo Sends Thugs To Attack Nigerians In Ikeja
- ●Army To Embark On Cyber Warfare Exercise Amid EndSARS Protests